China has become a major destination for plastic mold & molding manufacturing service. Lower prices are the primary incentives for many foreign buyers. The majority of foreign buyers find challenges sourcing plastic injection molding from China. The major strains are on how to buy, how to evaluate quality, or how to identify a reliable mold manufacturer supplier.
Many things go wrong in case of compromise in the purchase process. For example, delayed delivery, frauds, low quality, weakness of communication (both on language and technical), and other problems may be encountered. To avoid such frustrations, the following is a process of How to buy plastic injection mold/molding parts from China. Hope this could help you find your best suitable mold supplier
1. Identify a Reliable Plastic Molding Manufacturer
Currently, there are many mold manufacturing companies in China. You need to determine which supplier is reliable. Some of the factors to consider include, mold price, product scope, quality, quantity, accessory standard, communication, lead times, and the mold design, among other factors.
Using the World Wide Web, you can easily find a wide range of plastic molding suppliers from the internet, sourcing agents, and trade shows, etc.
It is important to contact several molding suppliers before making a decision on a suitable supplier.
2. Evaluate the Various Mold/Molding Manufacturers
Conducting market research on the various plastic molding manufacturers helps to find a suitable fit for the business. So how can we evaluate the Chinese mold makers to identify a reliable molding partner?
Sending inquiries helps the evaluation process. You should focus on asking questions that evaluate the core competence of the plastic molding companies.
A good supplier is one that shows interesting in your projects, has effective communication, technology knowledgeable, detail-minded, and honest. The evaluation should target to identify the salient attributes of the supplier, for example, what is advantages do they have, is it suitable for your project? Have they done any similar projects like yours? All of the information will help to make your project smoothly or not.
3. Information Verification
Not all manufacturers are who they say they are. The customer should be able to verify the plastic molding manufacturer. Some of the information that can be verified include:
- Type of mold parting line, where there parting line for the mold, a professional guy will see where is visible surface once they check your part design, they normally should give some comments on your part design, otherwise they may not so professional, and later on when you have the good at your side, you may not like that, DFM( Design for manufacturability) report should be carry out once work on the project, this is very important procedure at our factory.
- The type of ejection molds, some mold manufacturing is professional to make big mold (mold size over 2 meter is big mold), some of the is professional in making tight tolerance mold and middle size mold, such as high surface requirement,
- Surface requirement on the visible surface, this is the most important point to make high quality molding parts.
- The location and type of gates, there will be gate mark on the visible surface if not make sure the part is appearance product.
by those information helps to verify the mold designs and product appearance. the most important thing is basing on this discussing with each other you will know their English communication and technology ability. A supplier that verifies the information and offers samples is reliable.
4. Analysis of Production Issues that may Arise
A good plastic molding supplier should communicate the issues in advance and concerns that may arise in the production process, and actions are taken to address the issue. A good injection mold company should analyze the current design and offer rational recommendations, we call this DFM report (Design for manufacturability report).
Some of the important questions that help identify some of the issues include;
- Have you produced similar molds/products before?
- What were the challenges encountered?
- Can you send your quality control inspection report?
- How do you address the issues that arise?
- Do you offer compensation for compromises?
With all the information, you should already have identified which Chinese molding company to source from.
5. Firm/Supplier Site Visit
Depending on the quantity of supply sourced, visiting the supplier may be important. For large quantities of plastic molding service, traveling to China should be a basic step. The objective is to analyze samples and evaluate the reliability of the supplier.
Go to their plastic molding company on site to communicate with them face to face, then you will know how the technical skill, English ability, etc. But mostly not always have time to check their mold factory, so we suggest you may ask for a skype video shows if you have no time to visit them.
At SINCERE TECH will take Skype video meeting to show you around our plastic mold and molding factory if you have no time to visit our factory, our sales and project manager speak good English and have the professional technical skill, you will know this during the video shows. if you are interested in our service, you are welcome to contact us.
6. Maker A Contract
Importing products from China and Asian nations can be risky and complicated. Contracts are antidotes against the common mistakes and issues that may arise. It is essential for buyers to get into a contract for the following reasons;
- To maintain clarity on product specifications and avoid misunderstandings. The specifications of the product can be easily lost in Skype or mail communication.
- Compensation terms help suppliers to think twice about compromise.
- Contracts help to communicate on how severe your business is
- It helps to avoid delays
The first time you work with a China plastic injection molding company (same to work with your local supplier), you should always make agreements on contracts to avoid scams and fraud. Suppliers who default the negotiations should be responsible for making refunds and necessary compensations.
7.Payment and Delivery
Based on the set agreement, the amount can be paid by one time or two times ( maybe more times). The payment method depends on the agreed strategy. Some companies make payments via Paypal, Skrill, Payoneer, Western Union, Cheque, or other policies. Our standard payment term is T/T wire transfer. If the small amount. PayPal is still available, this is method is normally working for all of the companies in China, especially for custom plastic molding manufacturing service.
Buying plastic molding from China can be challenging. However, if you follow the seven steps, the process is easy and with no compromise. when you find your reliable partner from China, then your business will be increased rapidly, this is verified by lots of companies like Apple, and other car companies (over 80% of car companies buy their auto car molds from China), etc.
Doing online businesses have fraudulent operations. You should be cautious on the approach of doing business online to avoid frustrations, lots of company doing online business with China and successful to the business, also some of the customers had issues when doing business with Chinese manufacturers, or even have issues with your local supplier as well, do you agree? The above steps could help you avoid this issue and the success of your business.
Need any plastic injection mold/molding companies from China? Contact us now, you will find out we are your best partner in China. Welcome to talk with us on any questions.