Insert Moulding (Molding), Plastic Injection Molding
SINCERE TECH offers Insert Molding Services as an add-on to the plastic injection molding service. There is one direct difference between the two processes; the plastic injection molding process only uses plastic material in order to create a product. On the other hand, the Insert Moulding process includes other types of plastic and/or metals in order to create a more advanced product. There are thousands of uses for Insert Moulding manufacturing.
The Insert Moulding Process
The Insert Moulding process starts off by either inserting the metal inserts before the custom injection molding process, or they can be inserted during the custom injection molding process. If the inserts are chosen to be inserted during the plastic injection molding process, an Insert Moulding process operator or a robotic arm will load them.
If chosen to insert the metal inserts after the plastic injection molding operation, the same robotic arm or Insert Molding process operator will load them after the plastic injection molding process is complete. Usually, Insert Molding takes place after the custom injection molding process.
This procedure ideally reduces insertion costs, which can save our customers substantial costs on custom insert moulding projects. If you want to know more knowledge about insert molding, please go to what is insert molding page to take a look.
Regarding the Insert Moulding process, there can be some very nice advantages when a robotic arm is handling parts. When it comes to removing the molded parts and getting them ready for more processes, a multiple-axis robot can do that faster and more accurate than a human. After the molded part is created and removed from the mold, the robot grips the part and moves it to either a location to be held or onto a system to be inspected. The manufacturing equipment’s general layout and the kind of product being created are the determining factors in making this choice.
In order to assure a high level of quality for many parts that go through Insert Moulding, robots can have vision systems mounted on them. These vision systems inspect parts faster than a human, as well as know exactly what the metal component’s placement accuracy is.
Several industries thrive upon the products created through the Insert Moulding process. Actually, there are so many products created through this type of custom injection molding process, to buy inset molding from injection mold china company, that will save super cost since the low labor cost in China. Here is a list of the industries these products belong to, and there is a list of the products that are created through this type of custom injection molding:
Automotive and Industrial Uses for Insert Moulding
• Cable Assemblies
• Sensor housing
• Seat adjustment motor’s brush holder
• Motor end bell
• Sound system’s speaker coil (also used for the electrical industry)
• Gear housing
• Motor assembly’s window lift actuator
• Interior lighting base
• Components for alternator
• Module parts for engine control
Healthcare Industry Uses for Insert Moulding
Insert moulding has become increasingly popular in the healthcare industry due to its ability to produce high-quality, precise, and cost-effective medical devices. Here are some of the ways that insert molding is used in the healthcare industry:
- Disposable Medical Devices: Disposable medical devices, such as syringes, catheters, and blood collection tubes, often use insert molding to combine multiple components into a single device. This not only reduces the cost of production but also improves the safety and reliability of the devices.
- Implantable Medical Devices: Implantable medical devices, such as pacemakers, neurostimulators, and orthopedic implants, often use insert molding to create complex shapes and geometries. This allows for a more precise fit and reduces the risk of complications or rejection.
- Diagnostic Devices: Diagnostic devices, such as glucose meters and blood pressure monitors, often use insert molding to integrate electronic components with the plastic housing of the device. This not only improves the accuracy and reliability of the device but also reduces the risk of damage to the electronic components.
- Drug Delivery Devices: Drug delivery devices, such as inhalers and insulin pens, often use insert molding to combine multiple components into a single device. This not only improves the ease of use and portability of the device but also reduces the risk of contamination and dosage errors.
Sincere Tech has the experience and expertise for just about any custom plastic mold, custom injection molding or inserts moulding project. Let us take a look at your specs and quote you a price. Email us and we’ll contact you immediately.