Insulated Runner Mold
Flexible Gating Advantages, Dependable Reproduction, Economical Process, Easy to Maintain, Fast Molding Cycle, Decreased Tool Wear
SINCERE TECH is mold manufacturer china company that provides plastic mold making and plastic injection molding solutions to industries of the world, started since 2005 we specially make plastic molds for the customer, after 2016 we have bought a plastic injection molding company to mold the molded part for our world customers.
Our advanced manufacturing facilities include a wide range of thermoplastic injection molding solutions for many types of plastic parts, including processes for Hot Runner Systems and Cold Runner Systems.
Insulated Runner Molds: Hot Runner System With A Twist
Insulated runner systems are inexpensive alternatives to traditional hot runners, where the mold is not heated, but the runner channels are extremely thick and stay molten during continuous cycling.
This feature provides the flexible gating advantages of hot runner switch out the added cost of the manifold and drops of a heated hot runner system.
Properly designed insulated runners, with thermally controlled gate, offer several advantages over hot runner mold systems, including:
- Dependable reproduction – no “dead spots” in mold
- Uniform temperature distribution – thermal insulation forms through melt deposited at the wall
- Economical process for continuous operation of uniform cycles without extended interruptions
- Easy to maintain – quick to clean
- Fast production color changes
- Molds are less expensive to build and to maintain than hot runners
- Minimal heat loss – thermal equilibrium reached quickly
- Low energy input on startup – reduces energy cost
- More consistent volume of polymer per part
- Faster molding cycles
- Elimination of runner scrap — less regrind
- Improved part finish
- Decreased tool wear
However, as with hot runners, the insulated runner system also has disadvantages when compared to cold runner systems. The increased level of technology required to manufacture and operate the mold results in:
- More complicated mold design
- Higher mold costs
- More difficult start-up procedures
- Possible thermal degradation of the polymer melt
- More difficult color changes than with cold runners
For a quote or more information about how we can help your project, please call us or send us an email, we will quote you in 24 hours.