As a professional plastic mold company, during mold manufacturing, we normally have some requirement for mold modification, this is a very common issue when we manufacture molds for our customer, below is a step that how to handle this modification in our mod company
- When we receive a request for modification from our customer. After that, we analyze the requested modification, which must be done at least within the same day as the files have been received or latest the morning after if the files have been received in the afternoon. It is important to create a clear illustration of the modification (ppt file to list the modification items) for internal communication with our team and with customers. Note since that part drawing that is not approved for production so we cannot save to our database.
- We need to send this modification illustration to our mold shop manager, responsible Quotation Engineer.
- The mold production manager then checks out, at least within the same day, Together with the mold master to decide how long time that is required for the modification. We will specify one shortest possible lead-time and one maximum time required. Because sometimes the customer is very busy or maybe not so hurry.
- The Quotation Engineer then prepares an offer as soon as possible. This shall be done latest within the same day as he/she receives the working steps and lead-times from the mold manufacturing department. The offer should include the offered price and the minimum and maximum lead-time. Once ready with the offer the Quotation Engineer sends the offer to project manager, then the project manager directly sends to customers.
- Once the customer approves the concerned modification the Project manager will use the new valid part drawing is saved into our database and inform the mold design department to update the tool drawing immediately. Another thing that must be controlled by the Project manager is that the promised lead-time will be fulfilled. Send an email to production department or mold shop manager. That will make it easy for the mold shop manager to keep control of the lead-times.
- After the modification finished, new mold trial is needed, after mold trial and check the modification is done according to the new drawing, then send the new samples to customers, during the same time update the measurement report and send to customer as well.
Sincere Tech is a professional China plastic mold company, we offer one-stop service from part design, prototype, mold design, mold manufacture, injection molding parts, secondary process, and assembly, if you have a project that needs to help, you are welcome to contact us.