Bond Metal to Plastic, No Glues / Adhesives / Additional Heating, Reduced Energy Cost, Decreased Cooling Time, Reduce Part Defects
SINCERE TECH provides a variety of value-added services, including Plastic mold Manufacturing, plastic molding service, Ultrasonic Insertion, to help complete your project. Ultrasonic insertion is used to bond metal and plastic parts together without the need for glues, adhesives or additional heating or processes.
When a metal part needs to be attached to a plastic part,conventional insertion methods include:
- Mold the metal component into part during production
- Glue the metal part to the plastic
- Melt the plastic component at insertion point
- Insert metal piece into molten area
- Allow part to cool and solidify
Ultrasonic Insertion: Benefits and Applications
This technology is an alternative to gluing or heating. Ultrasonic Insertion of metal to plastic offers distinct advantages over other bonding processes. Although this process is similar to locally melting the area with another heat source, it has the advantages of::
- Heating a far smaller area to lower temperatures
- Reducing energy costs
- Decreasing cooling time
- Reducing the possibility of defects due to thermal effects
Ultrasonic insertion works by using the ultrasonic head to vibrate the metal component against the plastic one. The Welding Horn couples directly with either the insert or the thermoplastic part. Ultrasonic vibrations heat and soften the plastic part, allowing the metal part to be inserted. As the plastic cools, a very strong bond is made.
Applications for ultrasonically inserted components include:
- Threaded inserts or studs
- Metallic webs or grills (speaker covers, etc.)
- Permanent magnets
- Electric contacts
If you have a project that need plastic molding service and ultrasonic Insertion, wyou are welcome to send us, we will quote your complete price for you.