What Is Plastic Mold Technology & How to get A high quality & good price for that
Plastic mold technology is also known as plastic molding technology is a process that has been around since 1872, it is the process of creating and manufacturing plastic components by injecting molten materials into a plastic mold. The process of plastic molding technology is actually quoted as a complex one. First, a mold designer must come up with the final mold design. Once this has been created, the start to manufacture, like drilling, CNC, EDM, polishing and the last step to make the mold is mold fitting, when everything is finished in making a mold, that the actual molding process can start, at the beginning molding process we called mold trial. Although plastic molding technology is not something that most will be knowledgeable about. We all use products that will have been manufactured by using this method. Things like bottle caps, automobile parts, home appliances, cooking equipment, toys, and even construction parts. We can say everything needs plastic molding parts.
The future of plastic molding
Over the decades, the process of plastic molding technology has changed and advanced significantly. Thanks to huge leaps in technology, it is now possible to use 3D printing to use photopolymers for plastic molding parts. The advantage of using 3D printing for the plastic molding parts is that will lower the price for lower volume, because make plastic mould is very expensive, if you do not need many quantities then use 3D printing instead of using plastic molding technology will be the better option, but finally when you need high-quality plastic moldings to speed up your market you still need to make plastic molds.
How To Make High-Quality Injection Plastic Mold for your molded products
The quality of plastic injection mold is as same as important to the molding process. The plastic molding company you choose to help you with your product will eventually fight common molding issues if you have high-quality plastic mold plus a good injection molding process that will bring out the kind of results you expect from the end product. The injection plastic molding process is used to produce all kinds of items such as garden tools, electronics, and kitchenware. Components can be made from glass, polymers, metals, plastics, and more, but working on high-quality moulds is the only way to ensure the high quality molded parts.
Defects can be attributed to the type of raw material used in the injection plastic moulding process, as well as the quality of the plastic mold, injection molding process skill, injection molding machine, etc. Fortunately, processing and preventing injection molding defects, and using these approaches, manufacturers can create the highest quality injection plastic molds, because if you make a high-quality mold, all other issue is easy to be solved. Here are some things you can do to avoid the common defects and ultimately get high-quality molds and parts, there are some key defects that most happened during the mold making and molding process:
- Flow Marks – this issue normally will happen close to the gate area, and the joint area (joint line), common in narrow sections of components and may be considered minor or serious defects depending on the product and expected use. In order to avoid appearance defects, the manufacturer needs to increase the injection speed of the nozzle diameter and injection pressure. Increasing cylinder temperature also helps to prevent this defect in high-quality parts in the end, increase the gate size or change the location of the gate is helpful as well (last option).
- Dull Areas – The most common is a dull concentric ring that can appear around a halo-like a sprue. This usually occurs when the material flow is poor and the viscosity is high. Contrary to what many think, this is not a packaging defect, but a defect that occurs at the beginning of the billing cycle. To minimize the possibility, the injection rate profile should be adjusted to ensure a uniform flow front speed throughout the filling phase. It is also helpful to increase the backpressure and barrel temperature of the screw to reduce dull surfaces resulting from lower melting temperatures, increase the mold temperature can reduce this issue as well. For dull surfaces generated by design-related issues, this can be improved by reducing the radius between the part and the gate,
- Burns Marks – This is often seen with plastic mold and looks like a dark red or black discoloration. This may be a minor defect due to excessive melting temperature, overheating in the presence of trapped air, and excessive injection speed. Corrective actions for this type of component defect include reduced temperature, reduced cycle time, and reduced injection speed. Mold Manufacturers must also ensure that they have the proper gate size and gas vents to resolve the trapped air problem that leads to this defect, because the air trap issue is most common reason to cause this issue, and could never be completely solved by adjusting the molding process, to completely solve this issue add venting is the best solution, like increase the venting grove, add venting inserts, etc.
- Gloss difference issue – Gloss differences on textured surfaces tend to be more pronounced, and even if the surface texture is uniform, the gloss of the part may appear irregular. This is a problem that occurs when there is insufficient replication of the mold surface in some part areas, and sometimes there are lots of rib at the core side that can increase the gloss changes issue on the textured surface. It can be corrected by increasing the melting temperature or mold temperature or holding pressure. The longer the holding time, the more likely the mold surface will be replicated accurately, if there ribs design caused this issue, to improve this issue we can add some radius to all of the ribs, this will reduce the internal stress so that the textured surface can be improved as well.
The manufacturing world has been increasingly confusing over the years. If you are in this industry, you probably already have this sense of confusion. What’s happening is that the global market is really starting to come true. A few years ago, there were a few outsourcing companies in some countries like China, but now it is impossible to track production. Looking at industries such as injection molds, you can see that this trend has really begun. However, it may be overwhelming at first, but there is no doubt that productivity will increase significantly. Also, injection molding China has become much more efficient due to a faster turnaround.
How to get a price for your plastic mold and plastic molding requirement
In order to get a price for your plastic molding project, then you need to get both prices for your plastic mold and moulding parts.
1. How to get a price for plastic mould
To get a price for plastic mould there are a few things that you are going to provide to your supplier, in order to make sure that you have given the supplier all of the information that they need to check the price accurately.
- First of all, you are need to make sure that you have a 3D part design in your hands, if you do not have the drawing then you need to have the pictures of a sample with approx. part size and show your supplier that part structure.
- Second. You need to know how many shots of the mold your requirement, for example. 0.5 million shots of a lifetime or 1 million shots of a lifetime requirement, because those two requirements will cause different price.
- Third. You need to inform them how many cavities you expect for the injection mold. Because this will affect the mold price as well.
- Forth. It is a cold runner or hot runner do you require for your mold, if hot runner what brand of hot runners. YUDO, INCOE, etc, all of that information will have different prices, so you need to specify your requirement.
- Fifth. The number of cavities, you need to specify how many cavities do you need for your mold. Because of one cavity and multiple cavities mold are totally different prices, the single cavity is low than multiple cavities mod.
Above items are very import information to quote a mold price, because all of the information will change the mold price, of course, if you only need plastic molding parts, then you only need to tell your supplier what plastics will be and how many parts do you need per time, what is surface requirement and colors of the parts, then they will take the rest for you.
2. How to get a price for your Plastic Molding Service
To get price for your plastic molding it is much easy then getting price for plastic mold.
You only need to inform your supplier what plastics will be, 3D part design, how many parts do you need per time, then you will get a mold price and unit price, if you do not have 3D part design, then you need to have a samples and provide your supplier with part size and part weight, that information are important factors to estimate the price. Otherwise, any price will not have any references.
Are you ready to start working on your new project and search for your plastic molding partner? If yes then let’s go, today for your plastic molding project to find A Chinese mold supplier is more important. Because this will bring your market up very quick, and you will win more profits on your project with spending less cost, please think about today 80% of big companies are sourcing goods from China. Like the iPhone and some other famous companies buy things from China. So what are you worry about? If you are ready then speed up to open your market immediately and join your profits.
If you are looking for some good China molding partner you can go to SINCERE TECH which is a professional plastic mold and plastic molding company that sell molds and molding parts to the world.